Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Vanilla Bar & Cafe

 A visit to Vanilla Bar & Cafe situated somewhere along the junction of Amoy Street and Boon Tat Street. My friend and I had quite a hard time trying to find the place since we were walking all the way from Raffles Place MRT Station and the only thing we had was a GPS that wasn't that reliable. But all the walking and trying-to-make-out-where-we-were from the GPS was definitely worth it. The moment we stepped into the cafe, the simple furnishings of wooden chairs and tables gave us a soothing and peaceful feeling. Another plus point was, it was not crowded which is what I personally like. (Though I'm not that sure whether the cafe would get crowded during lunch hours.)

So we settled for these two for our dinner. I love how the smoked salmon is cooked with the right level of saltiness and the salmon does not taste raw, which is to my liking. Though i would have to admit that since this is a creamy sauce, one does get quite sick of it at the end. I tried my friend's curry don and it tasted good too.

Smoked salmon linguine ($11.90)
Japanese curry katsu don ($10.90)



Finally, what's better than having desserts after a meal? So these were what we ordered for our desserts. Yes, you're not seeing the wrong things, that's a flower pot. It is an oreo ice-cream cake served in a flower pot! The oreo crumble as the mud and gummy worms as earthworms. How creative! Actually it tasted somewhere in between cake and ice-cream, not exactly like a cake and not really like ice cream, so i just called it ice-cream cake. Nevertheless, I love it since I have a sweet tooth and I have never tried eating anything in a flower pot before haha! 

My friend ordered sticky toffee pudding. And she actually had to ask for the waitress to confirm again if this is really a pudding because it does not turn out to be what we have thought it should be. But true enough, this is sticky toffee pudding and it tasted like some of the malay cakes, if you get what I mean. (After doing some googling and reading food blogger's blog, I realised sticky pudding is a steamed sponge cake and not the jelly-like pudding.) 

Vanilla dirt cake ($8.90)
Sticky toffee pudding ($7.90)

Overall, I think this is a good place to chill out. Food is a little expensive but sometimes, it is worth it to spend for the ambience and with the people you love.


3 Boon Tat Street #01-01
Singapore 069612
http://www.vanillacafe.com.sg/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vanilla-Bar-Café/

No comments:

Post a Comment