Monday, June 25, 2012

Buffet Town

This is the first time that I could not stop myself from eating before taking photos of the food. So below are the photos which I have taken, at least, after a quarter full; when my stomach was slightly satisfied and allowed my hands to dig into my bag and take out the camera. The reason being, there were just too many choices and I could not wait to try them out! 

Oh and I have been too excitedly typing out this that I have forgotten to mention that this was a weekend dinner buffet at $39.80 ++ (adult). At this price, you are paying for a wide spread of fresh seafood; prawns, clams, mussels, oysters, crayfish, scallops, chilli crab and pepper crab. I love the chilli crab's sauce, it was quite spicy but manageable. With the small little bread dipped into the sauce, the pair was extremely compatible, if this is the correct word to describe it. The bread was sort of fried before, crispy on the outside but soft inside. 

Of course, other than seafood, there are many other selections, just to name a few, Japanese sushi, Italian pizzas and pastas; for the pastas, you could even choose your own ingredients before passing it to the chef to cook in the way you want such as aglio olio, tomato or cream based and our local delights- laksa, chicken rice etc. 





I am not exactly a beef lover but I love to try out new things. And this is the first time that I tried meat as raw as this. Look at the picture above, it is still red! Is this what they called, medium rare? But anyway, it was so difficult to cut it with a knife too, so in the end I only get to eat the brown part.



Sadly, I felt that the cakes were not of the finest quality. They were just average cakes that could be found at the neighbourhood pastry shops. Fortunately, the chocolate-dipped marshmallows were able to appease me as my dessert for that night as they have always been my favourite.


I should have taken more photos but I have been busily tucking into all the delicious dishes. And after almost 3 hours of feast, I think I even had some difficulties of standing up and walking. But it was all worth it, I would only have to wait for the food to digest before I venture on my next food journey. 


Raffles City #B1-44E
http://www.buffettown.com.sg/

No comments:

Post a Comment