Saturday, July 21, 2012

老伴 Lao Ban

I said food makes the world go round. But in fact, money makes the world go round. So you see the vicious cycle; to have good food, you need to have the money and to have the money, you need to work. So that was the reason why I have been missing from this little space for quite some time. But good things are worth the wait, because I have now come back with more recommendation!

Original- $1.50
Almond- $2.00

Yes! I have finally laid my hands on this high popularity chilled soya beancurd. Yeah, I know I'm kind of late since the great hype over the beancurd was quite some time ago. But it's better to be late than never, isn't it? And the good thing about being late is that, I do not have to queue! 

The beancurd has a really silky surface that you couldn't resist to shake it lightly and see the softness of it. I found the level of sweetness to be just right. But some people felt that it was a little too sweet. Well.. I have a sweet tooth, you see. Another thing I like about the beancurd is that, it is not watery. Some of the unknown chilled beancurd which I tried from the hawker centre near my house were just too watery. It's not pudding-like at all. 

Perhaps it was due to all the roaring reviews about the beancurd that caused my expectation for it to be set a little higher. But seriously, I do not think that it is worth it to queue for one hour just to get the beancurd. But if there isn't a queue, I would definitely buy it again when I'm nearby the area. 


And I love how cute the old couple cartoon is.  


Block 51 Old Airport Road 
#01-127/107

No comments:

Post a Comment