Sunday, July 22, 2012

Canele

This is the second time that I tried the pastries from Canele. The first time was macaroons. They left me with a really "sweet" impression. I mean literally, I felt an overdose of sugary especially the rose flavour. But maybe, macaroons are meant to be sweet. Still, they are one of those lovely sweet treats at the glass windows display which you wouldn't mind stealing a quick glance at them!


This time round, I decided to get a cake from Canele for my Dad's birthday. La Pomme Verte, which means green apple in French. Look at the 'apples' on the cake, don't they make you drool? It does make me and I couldn't wait to get a slice of it. 


La Pomme Verte 500g ($36)

True enough, it tasted as good as it looked. It is actually a green apple mousse. The three 'apples' which you saw, were all filled with mousse too and on top with all the jelly-like substance. See the golden foils too? I actually wonder how does golden foils taste like. The mystery was finally solved. They are just tasteless. They melted the moment they were in your mouth and you really can't feel anything. Finally, the coconut crust was at the bottom outer layer of the cake which adds a little texture to the smooth filling mousse. 



I felt that the cakes at Canele are at a reasonable price since they are all handmade by executive pastry chefs. Highly recommended to get a birthday cake from Canele if you have not tried it before. Trust me! 


Raffles City 
#B1-46/47

Paragon
#B1-K8 
http://www.canele.com.sg/
https://www.facebook.com/canelesingapore

No comments:

Post a Comment